MRSS Providers are assigned a COE Consultant to meet with every month. Monthly consultation objectives include:
1. Generating strategies for successful implementation of MRSS model best practices
2. Assuring the organization and operational standards promote MRSS practice effectiveness
3. Reinforcing the goals, guiding principles and eligibility criteria of MRSS
4. Providing resources and learning strategies that include the use of evidence-based practices
5. Address fidelity with a focus on program development and provide support for improvement strategies
For more information on MRSS Consultation, click here to download the Guidelines & Roles form.
For further information, please email Amanda Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Center of Excellence does not provide direct care services, referral or linkage services directly to youth and families. The Center provides consultation to providers of services, organizations, and state entities regarding best practices. If you or a loved one are experiencing a mental health crisis contact 988 to be connected to a local crisis help line.
For families seeking services for youth, we invite you to click here for individual Ohio county agencies providing Intensive Home-Based Treatment (IHBT) or click here for counties providing Mobile Response and Stabilization Services (MRSS).
Technical Assistance Request
For general MRSS and program implementation questions, please contact Amanda Gillespie at email@example.com and for any fidelity related questions, please contact Kim Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on MRSS Technical Assistance, click here to download the Technical Assistance Guidelines form.